Tuesday, October 10, 2006

For This...

Is the title of the movie, or the short documentary rather, that was played today in Cham movie theater in a special display.
I arrived an hour later, I got the message wrong, and found no one but the executive producer Dr. Fayez Sandouq فايز صندوق who is a well known GI doctor. At first I thought: oh, I am the only one attending, everyone else is busy!!! That proved to be wrong. The theater was full an hour and a half later when the actual show started. The event was covered by few media companies that took footage of most of the movie.
The movie produced by Dr. Fayez and Directed by a French director, Christian Belle (or as he likes to call himself in Arabic عيسى أبو الهدى), was focusing on interviews with Lebanese, media personnel, artists, foreigners... about the facts and consequences of the isreali war on Lebanon. Between the interviews were documentary style commentaries. The movie was in Arabic, but French and English versions of it also exist, with Hebrew and Spanish versions to be produced later.
The director’s intention is to present the picture to the West in a language that they understand, or a visual language that they understand. There were some touching moments in the movie of course, and moments that provoked applause. I am not sure how are they going to publicize it outside the Arab world, but I am sure they already thought of that.

During my wait to see the documentary, I bought a book by George Orwell, “the animal farm” another clever installment in addition to the famous “1984”. The short novel is a must read for everyone. Although it was seen by some as a critique to the Stalin rule in USSR, but it holds true to every nowadays country. You have no difficulty associating aspects of the story with some countries (the same with 1984).
It just shows how Orwell had a brilliant understanding of the human nature and psyche when it comes to power and ruling etc... I wonder whether he really knew what is there in the future, and if he didn’t, then the future must have been easily predictable to him.

2 Comments:

At Wed Oct 11, 03:26:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger x said...

I'm very interested in watching this movie..
and as for 1984, that was one of my all time favourite. I've yet to read Animal Farm though

 
At Sun Oct 15, 07:07:00 AM GMT+2, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strange you should mention Animal Farm. I have not thought about that book in ages and then a couple of days after I read this it was an answer in a crossword puzzle (which I still do)
Felicia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home