Thursday, September 21, 2006

Decor Expo

Yesterday I went with my fiancee to the Decor Fair in the Four Seasons. Lots of people and lots of furniture. Did I also say that driving in Damascus is becoming more horrible and tiring? Car dealer should refuse to import any stick shift car and force people to by automatic. I am starting to get cramps in my legs every time I drive, and from now on, I will count to 100 before driving in the city, or at least across it.
But what am I talking about? So the Decor expo was something nice. Furniture and home equipments were anything from Egyptian drama style (which I resent and hate and..) to modern. From tiny to bulky. One thing for sure: none seemed fit for small houses or medium ones. Most need lots of space (at least this is how I saw it). And I felt the target was a certain group of citizens :p
Anyway, the mere sight of the nice pieces is just salivating and fills one with the urge to have his own space (big space) to fill de novo ad lib (yes, that's Latin, and no I don't know it).
I was amazed at the number of interior design places in the city (and were showing there stuff), you never think of such things until they are brought to you out of nowhere.

And Oh.... I forgot to mention, an architectural company was showing projects to be. One of them was Regent Resort near Lattakia, and the other was....... any wild guesses??
You got it, the Yacht Club in Lattakia too. Finally we have enough wealthy people who own yachts to the point that they deserve a yacht club for them.
I hope I live to see that day and comment.

2 Comments:

At Fri Sep 22, 11:38:00 AM GMT+2, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ad libitum. Translates "at one's leisure"
Felicia

 
At Fri Sep 22, 07:56:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Bassam said...

of course I know what ad lib is, you know me better than that. I just meant that I don't know Latin :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home