Thursday, October 05, 2006

Ads


Yesterday I went with my fiancee, my cousin, and a friend to a restaurant called: Opaline, in Midhat Basha. I don't have photos of the place, but it is a very nice one. Of course, an old Damascene house made into restaurant. The Decor inside is very nice, but it doesn't have the popular vibe, it is more elite.
There I saw a leaflet stand (the first I see here) filled with ads concerning clothing stores and business companies... and this (to my suprise). The name rang a bell in my head but it wasn't until I opened it, and yes, it was what I expected.. condoms ad...
Mind you I don't have anything against this kind of stuff. I am used to seeing it in night clubs restrooms (with a dispenser, alas the only dispenser I found in Syria so far is a cigarette one in Steed), but I haven't seen it yet in public. It is good to have some public awareness of the issues, especially that rumors has it that premarital sex is not an uncommon phenomenon in our society here (all classes, religions, sects...) especially the teenagers. But these are not my words, I am just a passive receiver, and unless I see or hear from number one sources, I will remain loyal to St. Thomas.
And here is all the kinds that are available (to be honest, I haven't seen half these in USA) including flavored condoms (I wonder if there a gin and tonic flavored condom!).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home