Thursday, September 28, 2006

Getting the tickets

In a matter related to the anonymous comment on the previous post, I set off today to get tickets for the Saturday concert.
Step 1: I arrived at the ministry of tourism near the old fair ground. Wrong building. They sent me to the main building. There I found the place where they have the invitations; it is called المراسم, which doesn't make sense to me. Anyway the guy there said there are no tickets. I asked around a bit and decided to go back to the same office, being nosy, to ask where I can find them. At this time, another officer, a female, arrived and I asked about invitations. She asked me what side I represent, and told her that I represent myself only. She gave me a ticket for the Friday event as a "reward" for having bothered myself to come. I simply said I don't want it because I will not attend alone, so she gave me another. The rest she said were to be sent by name to certain people. So now I have two tickets for Friday which I don't want (the same event different day).
Step 2: On the invitation card it says the French Cultural Center has tickets. So I walked there and asked for invitations. He grabbed a bunch of tickets, took out two for Saturday (They don't have Friday) and gave them to me saying these are the last two!!! so now I have 2 Friday and 2 Saturday tickets.
Step 3: I passed by the tourist information center in 29th may street. They had the festival postures all over, so I asked for tickets. They answered: you don't need them, you'll get access at the door!!! Well, not me this time.
Step 4: We made some phone calls to people we know and through their useful help and reference I called the French Center and they promised to reserve 2 tickets for Saturday for me in my name. These two my friend will get for me, as my face is familiar now to the French Center guy.
Step 5: Maya suggested the possibility of swapping the Friday for Saturday tickets. So I made my dad call and ask (I have just talked to the same guy in the center) then went with my dad and he got in to get me two tickets for Saturday. Again my dad said that the guy had a bunch of tickets available at hand.
So now I have 6 tickets for Saturday, which what I need.

5 Comments:

At Fri Sep 29, 03:20:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger Shady Zayat said...

This is exactly what gives our life it's special taste in Syria, this is what makes every single evening we spend pretty unforgettable...
Let us thank the Lord for the stupidity of his creatures, let us thank him for all the things that make our lifes harder, let us thank him for the chaos around us ... Amen

 
At Fri Sep 29, 10:20:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger Bassam said...

There is truth in what you wrote. There is isn't anything exciting in buying your tickets online and picking them up at the booth at the time of a show for example, unless you are doing it for the first time.
And to be honest, I sometimes look forward to committing myself, mentally and pysically, to go around and try to get what I think is my right. Like I was excited before yesterday's hunt.
But at the same time, I happened to have the time to do this, not everyone does, and not everyone wants.
I am not asking for online purchases, I am simply asking for some order and discipline. Some basic rules that will logically intoxicate anyone who wants to find or get something

 
At Fri Sep 29, 09:29:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Shady Zayat said...

I was just being sarcastic, If I was you, I would've skipped the concert...

 
At Fri Sep 29, 11:43:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Bassam said...

That would be the easiest choice, which I am not going to make. At least these small things change the routine of life every now and then.

 
At Tue Oct 03, 02:13:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger GraY FoX said...

i feel like wooooooo after reading this :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home