Thursday, August 31, 2006

An Evening in the Spa

This was my fiancée’s gift to me on my birthday. A surprise gift that she has put a lot of effort to make it happen as the Four Seasons Spa is dedicated for the hotel guests only. But again it’s who you know, and not what you know. I will have to say that my experience was the 180 degree opposite of that of my brother and wife.
I was told to go and meet a sales representative without knowing what I am going to do. There I was taken to the spa area where it was explained to me what my gift was: use of the steam room and spa facilities with a 45 minutes massage, something I always wanted to get instead of giving.
I will have to say that the area was so well equipped that I didn’t need anything at all, mind you that I went to the hotel as is, no preparation for anything.
After I changed I took a brief shower and went to the steam room, it said outside that the temperature is 52 degrees or so, it felt like a 110 especially with all the dense steam that made me lose some 3 liters of sweat and feel like a fish. Breathing was so difficult. I thought if this is what Kuwait’s weather in the summer would be like in the shadow, I definitely don’t want to be there, even with AC.
Next was the massage session, after I cleaned myself again. There were a couple of masseurs, a male and a female. I got undressed and slipped myself under the cover. I was told later that my fiancée asked that they get me “the prettiest girl” for this. I am not sure how to judge prettiness from the feeling of the hands. Furthermore, I definitely don’t want to have a sexy girl massaging me, as I don’t think am prepared for the humiliation of an accidental, say, increase in “blood flow” to certain areas. No accidents suffered, if anyone is curious.
The feeling of a complete massage from toe to top is a different feeling. It feels good and relaxing. I felt also a bit taller and stretched, with few spine cracks. The two were pretty synchronous in moving to the degree it felt like one person with four arms.
The setting was perfect and had a relaxing vibe to it, with soft natural music and lit candles, etc...
I think this was the most interesting and ingenious gift I received on a birthday, thanks to my Rabroub.

2 Comments:

At Sat Sep 02, 04:45:00 PM GMT+3, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you've had a kings treatment there! That's really a wonderfull gift. How will you top that on her birthday !!?

 
At Tue Sep 05, 09:36:00 AM GMT+3, Blogger di.di said...

Lucky you! I love to pamper myself :P and a spa treatmeant is the best way of doing it....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home