Tuesday, August 29, 2006

George Galloway Lecture

It was announced that the pro-Arab British parliament member George Galloway is going to lecture in Damascus. So I decided to go and attend.
In the lecture... Well I didn't attend it. But I made the effort to go. I was there 5 minutes early and was faced with a huge crowd extending to outside the auditorium which was full with no place for a footprint. There was another room in which there was a screen and some chairs placed for those who didn't fit in the auditorium. This also was full and people standing.
Once the lecture began, at this time I was outside enjoying a nice breeze and a good look at the Omayad Square, I heard some people mentioning that audio is malfunctioning, and attendee can't hear anything, almost.
Of course I was pissed off because of what happened. First, this was a public invitation and it is expected that a large number of people would show up, so next time, pick a larger place to seat people. Second, what kind of event organizer doesn't try things out before the real event takes place? And when is the end of the line for the series of my consecutive disappointments?

1 Comments:

At Wed Aug 30, 10:10:00 PM GMT+3, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"when is the end of the line for the series of my consecutive disappointments?" echo echo echo echo!
I hear the frustration and helplessness in your line. I know exactly how that feels but I think you can either live with the disappointments or not. Just don't expect major changes any time soon in this life time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home