Wednesday, March 15, 2006

MasterCard 2 – the wedding version

Ok then, my brother is here, he is getting married after 4 months, and he with his fiancée are struggling through making decisions as to what service they should get, what flowers they should pick, and who should do this and that, etc...
It is not easy to get married I figured. It's a hassle; constantly thinking of what-ifs. What if it this doesn't work, what if people do not like this or that... What if this guy fooled me, and what if I didn't have an erection (ok, the last one was a bit too paranoid). But anyway, why aren't wedding as simple as days of old anymore?? What has changed in the human race so everything now must be big and expensive and one of a kind?? Is it the jealousy of others? Or the fear of others? Or do we really like to have it this way?? I guess people think differently about this; there are some who want and can, some who can but don't want, some who want and can't, and some who can't and don't want... and each of you must find a category to fit him. There will be more talk about this, I hope; these are just ideas on the spot.
So what about the MasterCard? For those of you who know their ads this will look familiar. And why is it number 2?? Because I created number one 5 months ago. And here it goes... (The numbers are arbitrary with some truth to it, but I don't know how much everything costs)

Renting a church: 25K
Bishop at wedding: 15K
Car rental: 8-15K
Invitation cards: 25 - 40K
Flower ornamenting: 90 - 400K
Video recording: 100K
Still photos: 20K
Lighting: 90 - 150K
DJ or Live performance: 35K - name-your-number (for famous performers)
Wedding gown: 50 - 200K
Tuxedos: 30K
Best man and maid of honor dress: variable 30 - 200K
Jewelry: variable 200K - 2M
2 Tylenols for the headache all of the above is causing: 5 SP
3 Boxes of Tylenol because 2 pills are not enough: 200 SP
Liver failure hospitalization and liver transplant (Tylenol overdose): 1 - 2M
Flying to Las Vegas and getting married on the spot (aka الزواج خطيفة بدون عرس وحفلات): Priceless

There are things that money can't buy, for everything else there is MasterCard

So when my turn comes, I don't know what will happen to me with all this. But now I have a glimpse into the future. And because my fiancée doesn't like marriage, maybe we will save ourselves the hassle, LOL, just kidding.

4 Comments:

At Thu Mar 16, 12:09:00 PM GMT+2, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bassam, I think your fiance does "like" marriage by the way!
Gijs and I had to go through this hassle but because no body needs more stress in their lives and because starting to live with your partner should be no reason what so ever to become more stressed, we decided to keep it simple. We had a very nice ceremony outdoors. However, it remained stressful!!! In our country you have to follow the rules I guess. So the best thing is to make a compromise of what you two want and what "they" expect.. but it's up to you two to figure out how!! Keep me up to date;)

 
At Thu Mar 16, 01:34:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Bassam said...

Oh, Bana. You will be uptodate right away, and you know how. I don't even have to worry about it. I like simple, but that will work fine if I was getting married to myself. A relationship takes two people... at least. I was just bringing the frustration of the preparation to existence. Anyway, are you sure about your first sentence, LOL. She may like marriage, but doesn't like getting married ;) just being silly again

 
At Fri Mar 17, 01:29:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger GraY FoX said...

Damn Damn Damn ... reading this post was the best break I got for a long hmmm time .. :)
damn ... since everyone hates getting married and wedding parties ... then why there are lots and lots of wedding parties :S ...
anyways... i will try to convience the someone that will be my lady to print lots of papers and hang em on the walls to tell people that we got married ( just like death announcements / na3wat / )
wallahi this will save if from falling into the marriage hassle

 
At Fri Mar 17, 09:30:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Bassam said...

Gray-fox: That is a brilliant idea, how come I didn't think of it myself. Paper announcements of already occuring marriages. That will be a start.
By the way, some people wouldn't discrimiate between abituary papers and marriage papers (both are equal), LOL.
ما حدا بزمانو قلك على الزواج انو "يا حرام راحت ايامو" او "جنى على حالو المسكين" أو غيرها

 

Post a Comment

<< Home