Tuesday, January 02, 2007

After two months...

Ok. Here I am back on popular demand... just kidding. That was a long vacation from writing, I think I deserved it. But now it is getting serious, so I'll attempt to behave and be consistent. And here I will summarize things that happened with me; nothing exciting I might add.
Trips: I went once to Lebanon for a medical conference. We stayed at the Movenpick and what a lovely hotel. I tried to use there gym but the machines where somewhat sofisticated I had to use the help of a young chick to tell me what to do. I also attended a male belly dancer session in one of the restaurants. That enforces the notion that men are superior, best chefs, best beauticians, and now best dancers... and the poor Harvard prof had to suffer all the propaganda last year.
Reading: I read a book called طيور الحذر by ابراهيم نصرالله. I read about it in another persons blog and it took me ages to find it. very nice indeed, very creative except for the ending chapter which I couldn't decifer. And currently am rereading an old book "Physics for fun الفيزياء المسلية". It is an old book (Written by a russian phyisicist, Yakov Perlman, in 1940's) and has lots of useful and fun information, am not sure if it exists in English. I also tried to read a book on Buddha in French, to my surprise I was able to do that despite not touching anything French for over 14 years.
Movies: Nothing outstanding, but I spend a lot of time in front of MBC2 (a movie channel) watching whatever is on.
Writing: I finished my chapters, my excuse for the vacation, and that gave me such a relief... at least for a while before they start editting and correcting.
Relationship: My finacee travelled abroad for few weeks but she's back for the holidays. Needless to say we spend most of the time together.
Xmas: It feels like it is using its glamor. There is more and more light decoration every year, but that's all what's left. With the mobile trend, visiting people became something of the past for many people. You only need ot write an SMS template or forward one that you already received to everyone you care about in your contact list. Mission accomplished. This is very shameful, and I am part of it. I got a couple of presents though, even this is not becoming exciting.
New Year's Eve: I went with my fiancee and siblings in law to a party. Danced, sang, shouted, ate, and stayed up late. That night and next day I had the worst cold you can imagine. I felt like drowning in my own secretions, suffocating, had no voice, no energy, was pathetic. And I thought to myself, if this is how the new year is starting, I'd rather spend it comatose.. lol.

And for these occasion I would like to say, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Adha to everyone.

2 Comments:

At Thu Jan 04, 04:16:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger GraY FoX said...

welcome back Dr :)
you've been quite busy mashallah, w its great to know that it's been fun :)

 
At Fri Jan 12, 07:47:00 PM GMT+2, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bassam, it's me Diana, i just want to wish you a wonderful new year from Paris!
I will see you in summer for new and better holidays than next time.
Kisses from me and Carole!
Allez je te le dis en francais:
TRES BONNE ANNEE 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home