Sunday, August 06, 2006

Weddings, Weddings... And More Weddings

It's like a never ending flashback. I have attended more wedding this summer than probably my whole life. And although it is true that it is nice to share the happiness of others, but things become monotonous after a while and they become boring.
Why boring? Remember the famous saying: same shit different day? In this case it is: Same wedding different names.
The wedding sermon is essentially the same (except for yesterday's, because it was a protestant wedding). I just wish I can replace everything with my own vision of a wedding.
They become boring because most of what I do now is looking at details and forgetting the big picture (which is repetitive anyway). What was the decoration like? What was the lighting light? Who is shooting the video? And who is performing.... Oh, that doesn't need to be asked, it's "Freedom" band anywhere you go or you don't.
What annoys me the most is "loop dancing", if I can call it dancing. In 80% of the live music (or DJ) time people would just stand in circles around the newlyweds and clap while standing and doing nothing. But I wanna dance...
I am tired, I am happy things seem to be quite now for the rest of the summer.
I should admit though that the good thing about these weddings is that I get to see other people whom I haven't met for ages.

Yesterday for example I met accidentally a fellow who was at school with me and haven't seen him for 14 years. My dearest friend Tony have also just arrived from USA and came to surprise me at the party. And that was a really nice surprise.

Engough of weddings for now. I promise not to talk about them until mine.

4 Comments:

At Sun Aug 06, 01:23:00 PM GMT+3, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And when is that event to be? Is there a date?
Felicia

 
At Sun Aug 06, 01:24:00 PM GMT+3, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Engough of weddings for now. I promise not to talk about them until mine." --> Are we readers to understand that your wedding will take place in the not too distant future, then? ;-) I'm really looking forward to THAT!

Best wishes,
Sampsa from Finland (who is actually thinking of coming to Damascus for a brief visit in early September!!)

 
At Sun Aug 06, 07:24:00 PM GMT+3, Blogger Bassam said...

No there is no date for now, but It should be sometime next July as I envision it.
Sampsa: if you come to visit, make sure that we get to meet up here, otherwise I will be really angry :p

 
At Tue Aug 08, 10:05:00 AM GMT+3, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bassam, of course I'll arrange to meet you if I come over!! But actually what with the current workload, it looks like my trip will be postponed until October or even November. I'll just have to put up with a little bit more before coming to my spiritual hometown Damascus!

:) Sampsa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home