Wednesday, July 26, 2006

One Year

One year since I left USA to come to Syria...
One year of blog publishing and 184 entries...
One year of funny, serious, and silly personal articles...
I don't regret it so far, although I wish some things went in different directions.
One year of "personal acheivements", I will not be listed in Forbes 500 nor receive a Nobel peace prize.
One year of new experiences and faces.
At least I managed to stick to my blog theme. I kept it a reflection of personal experiences or personal thoughts triggered by things that happen around me here.
I had periods of laziness, others were too personal.
One year of new blogger friends and readers. It is not what I intended my blog to be, but I like what it became.
I would like to thank my family, my fiancee, my friends (Tony, Wael in DC, Felicia, Saba, Fadi, Maya, Lulu, Adonis, Halim, Firas...), my new friends (Sampsa from Finland, Omar, Gray-fox, No one, Anonymous readers) in addition to anyone whom I missed to mention, especially those who drop but don't have the time for commenting.

Now I should be ready for another year.

Addendum: In order not to upset anyone with forgetting them, I would like to thank Maher, Shady Zayat, and Gijs in addition to others. I will add names as I remember them :O)

4 Comments:

At Thu Jul 27, 12:38:00 AM GMT+3, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has it already been one year? In some ways seems longer and others shorter. One more to go plus whatever the visa stuff takes. We miss you here even though it will never be the same
Felicia

 
At Thu Jul 27, 08:04:00 AM GMT+3, Blogger x said...

I always enjoyed your blog. Keep it up Bassam

 
At Thu Jul 27, 11:41:00 PM GMT+3, Blogger مترجم سوري said...

wish u all the best inshalla

 
At Fri Aug 18, 07:41:00 AM GMT+3, Anonymous Anonymous said...

3ala rasi, hope all is well with you, i may visit this year, really thinking about it, what do u think?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home