Monday, July 03, 2006

Weddings

It is summer time, and this means one thing (out of many of course): more weddings on the way. Everyone waits the summer to tie the big knot that will allow them to live together, bake children and quarrel legally.
Over the last 2 weeks or so we have attended somthing like 3 weddings. But this time with a different pair of eyes. This time with an examining and criticizing eye, as my brother's wedding is just few days ahead. Now it is comparison time, they-did-this-thing-and-that-thing time, I-need-to-outbid-what-they-did time, and are-people-going-to-notice-the-difference time, and so forth.
When you are in my position you look at things differently. Surely you get some ideas about what shouldn't be. But the problem comes when trying to match the others come into existance. This switches the balance of everything upside down. Now it is the last minute, and we should expand and conquer. The original ideas then lose their originality and individuality to fearing of being less.
Anyway, it is not an easy task to organize and arrange a wedding. This is true because two people are involved. My advice to you men out there... Organize your wedding the way you want it, then try to look for a bride to fit, LOL.... just kidding. What I wanted to say, you men out there... I feel sorry for you. And I am joining you not that long.

1 Comments:

At Tue Jul 04, 07:13:00 AM GMT+3, Blogger x said...

lol..
"bake children and quarrel legally."
and
"Organize your wedding the way you want it, then try to look for a bride to fit"
It's sad people have to think this way eh.. I never thought wedding were such a headache till I saw how much trouble my friend had when she planned hers.

I hope things go smoothly for your brother

 

Post a Comment

<< Home