Sunday, January 01, 2006

Xmas Home

This is the first Christmas in 7 years I spend with family here. It has been a long time since then, and definitely I have, as others have, grown. I don't know whether we have outgrown the occasion or not. I still consider it a Day for kids, but so what, I am only a big one. But still, it loses some of its shininess and spirit as most of my relatives, if not all, have grown big. The last big gathering was last year I guess, when my granny was still alive. Now mourning the occasion without her replaced it, at least in some households.
But as life goes on we had more than one reason to have a nice celebration. The same food being made over and over again is prepared. With huge crowds around the dining table, or "lunching" table, on the day before and after Xmas.
Finding the Christmas gifts for parents did not carry with it the same excitement and anticipation. But we did it after all with success I may add. The most important thing is that we were all together: Dad, Mom, Me, and my Bro who came from abroad and his fiancée (who always get threatened by me that I will write something criticizing about her in my blog).
Visiting all the relatives seems like a must more than a pleasant occasion. Well I always see them but the fact this is more formal makes it different. I used to spend the whole day of Christmas and after going from one house to another to visit my friends (who are all now in US while they left me come back, LOL).
It is the occasion that lost some of its uniqueness or me who lost the occasion, or is it both?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home