Friday, November 11, 2005

The Road To Lattakia

I was away from writing as I was out for few days, earned days I thought after all the do-nothing I was involved in. In fact this visit was overdue. I left three days ago to Lattakia, driving. I passed by Homs without stopping in it this time, and got (verbally) beaten for not doing so. But I was planning to get to my destination that same day for lunch. As I drove by the shore, the weather was by the way so beautiful I couldn't ask for more on such a break, so I was driving and the sea was as blue as the cloudless sky, as calm as a graveyard, and as level as a platform. It looked so pretty I wanted to drink it all, or jump in it in my car (of which I did neither).
The lunch was a deliciously made rabbit meat; it was my first and liked it a lot, viva rabbits. My dad's aunt cooked the rabbit, and she is despite her 85 so years still cooking and in a very good mental capacity. She is the last to remind with my late grandmother, as they all had the same behavior style, and hair style, and look, etc…
I spent most of the time with my favorite cousin (once removed) Lana. So finally we meet here for a while after it looked that we only had to meet abroad (UK, USA). We have both spent a similar amount of years outside Syria, so I think we understand lot of things, or have it in common (especially the previously debated privacy entry: singles win LOL). The rest of time (and meals) were at my favorite (and only) paternal aunt. She is more like a friend than an aunt and she has lots of stories and comments to make. She made me Couscous مغربية, one of my favorite dishes too, one that I haven't had in like 10 years.
In addition I saw some relative studying at the university and old friends (who got married). In general, we were just having good innocent fun and plenty of food. I think I screwed everything I had accomplished through going to the gym.
The way back was more hectic as I took off early and had to stop by Safita to check on few things and then leave again to meet a deadline for lunch in Damascus, which I did very well, I thought.
It is boring to drive alone as no one to chat with (and for those who may think of speaking, NO, I am not taking any roommate or anything of the sort on such a trip). But it is a good thing Pioneer existed. And if anyone is interested in the new Ricky Martin CD, I think it will please those who like him; I thought it is mediocre with 2 good songs. But at least it occupied a good one hour of the way.
I am so pissed that I had my camera with me without using it even once. I could have gotten some very nice views.
Hopefully more news is to be published in the near future (as soon as I see something to make fun of). Maybe tattoos…

3 Comments:

At Sat Nov 12, 05:18:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger damDooM said...

oh...you were in lattakia and you didn't inform me! yallah baseeta...hope you do next time...
and i really hope you enjoyed it..

 
At Sun Nov 13, 12:39:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger Bassam said...

Ohhh, I missed on this, my apologies. In fact I had a good time. I promise to let you know next time in advance. And maybe get a blogger reunion, :p

 
At Sun Nov 13, 01:06:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger GraY FoX said...

wow great... hope you spent a nice time over there .. by the way Couscous is one of my fave dishes as well.... there's a resturant in lattakia called ( the italian corner ) .. i had a very cooool yummy lunch once there with the dearest damdoom ....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home