Friday, November 04, 2005

La Casa

Finally, after few months of being here and more of knowing her I got to meet Dania, a friend that I met online few years back through one of the discussion rooms on a Syrian website. Although I knew of people who get friends like that, and even got married, I didn't figure that this can happen to me (not talking about the marriage part of course). I am not going to spend plenty of time dissecting the meeting and the inside and outside of her (of which both were up to expectations), it was a nice meeting and I hope a start of, not a new friendship, but another aspect of it.
What I wanted to describe is the restaurant, called La Casa (I hope I got the name right), in Abu-Rummaneh (or maybe more like Al-Malki). It is a ground level, street overlooking, and very neat. It is formed in the fashion of a home. So tables are distributed in "rooms" of different part of the house. And I wish I had my camera with me, but I will describe it instead.
The door opens to what should be a street area, on both sides can be seen doors to houses (that, of course, open on nothing, in fact they don't open. It is just a decoration) and to what should be a floral shop and things like that. After you enter the "house" door, on your right there lays the W.C and next to it there is a table made over a bathtub (an old one) with glass in the middle that shows water and other things in it. The W.C in itself is nice and fashioned after some old sinks in the shape of big bowls.
To the left there is a living room where some seats are actually sofas. And in a different part of the restaurant lays the dining area, with a big table of course, for larger parties. And at the end there is a bed room, and the seating is in the area of a bed that was split in the middle to fit a table, and sitting is on both side of the bed (facing inward of course). There is also a garden (I think they can open the roof in the summer time).
The weather was cold and rainy. I hate rain, especially when I have to get out.
Anyway, I know there is nothing fancy in this, and some know these details very well, as they live here in the city, but I am mainly writing this for those friends abroad who have not been here for so long, or never been here. I hope both enjoy.

1 Comments:

At Sat Nov 05, 02:01:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger GraY FoX said...

thanks god bro... finally you admired something :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home