Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Miscellaneous Events

The past three days were full of hard work. And hard work is not exercising, and is not working in a clinic… but is paper work. My cousin from Latakia arrived in several errands to do, and as the currently-doing-nothing cousin I helped in the process. There is no need to go in details about what was to be done. But it was fun.
One thing I discovered when I was accompanying her is the reason I had some trouble at first… I am not a girl. My cousin is very pretty and cute that even female clerks would love to smooth her business, and that, as I like to believe, helps a lot. There is a line for women that is very, really very, short and they step in front of everybody else. Guy employees would gladly offer help or be understanding, they would even book a seat on a bus that is not going to leave with a broad smile (at the same situation I would be frowned upon) – but they couldn't make the bus leave, hehehe.
So I was debating with myself whether all these privileges are worth having a monthly "accident". I decided after all that peeing standing is still better than all that.
It was all like a flashback, or deja-vus. The same process I had to go through with my brother I did it again. And for a reason or another I seem to do things for others better than I do it for myself.
Driving was horrible, all these cars coming from I don't know where. And the slow driving drives me nut. In fact this would be the only situation that I would be really out of norm and transform into a filthy citizen (linguistically). I don't know how taxi drivers do it. And most if not all of their cars are stick shift driven and very old. They must all have some ligament problems and knee pain, especially the left one. I think they should ban importing cars that are not automatic to Damascus at least.
And for one reason or another it seems that every time I farewell someone, a tragic scene happens (if anyone remembers the car accident entry). So today at the time of arrival to the كراجات الانطلاق we were met by a crowd that is going in the direction of a noise. And then there we saw a fellow (definitely not human) who was walking rapidly inside the bus station area with a long what-seemed-to-be-a-sword (or maybe a cleaver) and it looked as if there was blood on it. I wish I had a camera or video with me. Anyway the guy was furious and was walking as if wanting to attack someone. And that was very scary; we weren't too far away from him. And then all of a sudden he started waving the "weapon" (and I still can't figure how he came in through the police and security), and people were around him. No one seemed to get hurt at that time, but no one was able to calm him down too, or do anything about him. It is insane how people here out of curiosity just follow a madman to wherever even if that meant they may get hurt. We were told later that he is a kin of someone who was stabbed outside by another person. There was something incomplete about the story, but I wish I knew it.

2 Comments:

At Wed Nov 16, 04:45:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger GraY FoX said...

As long as that mad man is not naked then everything is safe ;)
it happened once that a naked mad man ( ugly naked guy ) was walking along the way where all the student of our college

 
At Sun Nov 20, 06:48:00 PM GMT+2, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Basbous. Stop talking about taxi drivers, I know you feel jealous coz they can park better than u ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home