Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Wings Night

This blog should have been here a week ago, but I somehow forgot about tit. I left it as is. I know now that the guys are true to this ritual, and I am glad.

Today is a sad day. Not that there aren't things that I miss in the States on a daily basis, but Monday has been special. Many know that every Monday after work was a sacred time. Usually four of us (me, Phil, Wael, and Muhannad) would meet in Lakewood's "Winking Lizard" and have our "usual".
The usual is preferred non-alcoholic drink, spinach artichoke dip (AKA spindip), a standard order of some 40-50 wings, and of courseā€¦ a side dish of French fries.
I was the "CEO", and Phil was my vice. Muhannad is the treasurer; he decides what each one owes. Poor Wael is the only member without a title; after all, we needed laymen for our society.
The last gathering (last Monday) was unusual, and "bisexual". I gave up my position to Phil, which means he would be the one privileged to eat the chip in the dip. I hope you guys are there as I write this now. I miss you all, especially he knows whom. The tradition must be kept and preserved as long as we can. I am looking forward to sitting on my throne again. Meanwhile, I may have to find my own chicken wings place here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home