Thursday, February 16, 2006

Recently Red

And here I mean the St. Valentine Day. Everything turns to red as if it is a feast for cannibals and vampires. It seems to me that this celebration was invented by the manager of a bankrupt store, so he can get people to buy things, red things of course.
It is good for economy, through spending of course, some might say. But what it is not good for, it's people. Valentine is not a problem usually unless you don't have a mate, then it is not your celebration and everyone else is doing it. And that can be annoying. I can't say that of myself this year, although it is one of the very few Valentine days I ever celebrated. It isn't like Christmas, or Hanukkah or other events that certain groups of people celebrate. It is something that potentially everyone can, but they don't all.
Another thing that goes along is like this year. A relative's death 2 days before takes place before the Day. Our neighbor dies too on the Day itself, so we spend time in the church watching people mourn, not a good way for people to pass through the day, especially when it seems that everyone else out there are doing their things while ignoring, of course not intentionally, the sadness surrounding them.
As per me, I had a very nice time with my fiancée and dined at the top of Cham Palace which turns around and gives a superb view of the city at night, and of course the mountain (Qassyoun). With one exception, the service, the night could have been perfect. But that is one thing it seems they will never learn to do properly in our restaurants and hotels.
Anyway, I wish all a happy Valentine, or future Valentines. And remember that I love you.

1 Comments:

At Thu Feb 16, 09:03:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger GraY FoX said...

happy valentine's day anyways bessooo ... hopefully it would be better next year :( though i dont believe in such a day

 

Post a Comment

<< Home