Monday, January 23, 2006

Lottery

Like many people this year, I bought a lottery ticket. The jackpot was 60,000,000 SP. Rouhgly one million dollar (when the $ jumped to that price). It has been a long time since I did anything of this sort. That didn't change my winning luck. Nil.
So I lost the ticket price (600 SP), but some may assess their loss in a different way. And here I recall the following story (and for those who don't know, we buy lottery tickets before the draw, like any other country):
A Homsi approched a lottery seller and asked him: can you check this ticket for me, did I win or lose?
The seller says: you lost.
Homsi: really, what is my loss..
Seller: its price of course.
So the Homsi pays him the ticket price and walked away happily. A friend ran into him and saw him smiling and cheerful, so he asked: what makes you so happy?
Homsi: I bought a lottery ticket, but lost.
Friend: and why should that make you glad?
Homsi: you fool, I lost only its price, imagine what happens if I lost the Jackpot!!!
So I think I will wish someone better luck next year, because I am not doing it again.
Any it was so amusing to check the winning numbers and match the tickets with them. As my dad was analyzing how two numbers matched here or one there (although we both know how useless an "almost win" is) I recalled a recent blog entry by Omar about the same issue.
Good luck to all lottery gamblers.
By the way, winning in Vegas has a better chance than lottery, at least in my opinion.

2 Comments:

At Mon Jan 23, 05:46:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger GraY FoX said...

well losing the lottery is much easier than losing lots of other stuff wallahi :(

 
At Sat Jan 28, 06:04:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger x said...

thanks for the reference Bassam, I thought no one read that post ;)

inshalla il marra il jay, ra7 tirba7 il ja2izeh ilkobra

 

Post a Comment

<< Home