Thursday, August 11, 2005

The Four Musketeers

Two days ago my cousin George left towards Germany, where he is supposed to start fellowship training in Surgery. He is one of 29 direct cousins (including me) on my mother's side. But of these four were almost always together for the longest. The four are me, George, my brother Rami, and Tarek. Tarek and George are brothers. I used to take Tarek's side and the other two did the same. I think it must have been six years since we all met. The sad part about this is even with me coming to Syria, this is not likely to happen in the near future as everyone is in a different land.
I am currently here, the only one I may add. At least I had the chance to see George before he left, and Tarek in USA when he arrived there two months ago. My brother is currently in London. The geographical location of Rami and George makes it easier for them to go back and forth, that doesn't mean this is what they will be doing. As far as Tarek, I think it is harder given the trouble he had to go through to arrive where he is right now, and the distance (especially if he is going to experience a trip similar to the one I had).
So here we are all separated, and that troubles me as my dearest friends before I come were them, and those who are in USA. Although I haven't felt this strongly enough yet, but it been only two weeks since I came and it is definitely going to get stronger. I hope that we all are going to find what we wish for in these endeavors and that someday soon we will meet, the four of us, and recall old days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home