Friday, September 16, 2005

Conference/Al-Mashta... Again

There was another conference in Mashta Al-Helou last Thursday evening. In fact it was more like a series of three short lectures. Because this was local, with no border crossing we drove, or I drove my parents, there. Had lunch first with some relatives and then went to the Resort. I had no intention in attending the lectures, and went after some personal errands. I took a quick shower, which was disappointing. I complained to my mom that the body lotion they had does not make any soap foam. She drove my attention that LOTIONS are not for bathing, and furthermore, do not make foam… How was I supposed to know? There were two sets of small bottles, one was a shampoo, the other one had “body lotion بدي لوشن” written on it. Through my limited but reasonable experience with hotels (even cheap ones) there is usually a shampoo, a conditioner, and a body wash or soap. I assumed that this was the soap because body wash liquids here takes many names that don’t make sense to me such as “cream moisturizer” or “body cream”. Even if they were creams, at least they make foam.
I visited Wael’s parents and later in the evening I met with his sister, his brother’s in-laws, and some friends in عالبال as usual. I had my usual: a cup of tea and a hookah. After that, I left back to the hotel’s restaurant around midnight where my parents, and a huge bunch of oncologists (whom I already know more than half by now) were having fun after dinner (which I forgot to have as usual, and thanks goodness mom didn’t know). I was recruited instantly to dance and then did some Dabkeh وطبعاً بيّضنا الوش.
I would say to that “Life Sweet Life”, not so bad at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home