Saturday, September 10, 2005

Syrian Pimp (or so I thought)

Today I was walking on Murshed Khater Street after paying my cellphone bill. All of a sudden a gentleman, in fact he didn't look like one so… a man came out of a building entrance. He had a bad eye, and was very dark from the sun. I think he is at least 65 years old. So he stopped me and asked permission to talk to me for a second in the shades.
He started:
"I am from Zabadani (a city) of Al-Sheik family, and you look like someone I know. What is you last name?"
Here I thought to myself, not again, now he will tell that he has no money to travel and just had some bad occurrence that happened and wanted some money for the road, which I wasn't going to give him anyway.
"Khouri", I said (which isn't a lie, technically speaking)
"From Al-Kassaa, right"
I nodded vaguely awaiting him to finish
"What do you do?"
"And why do you ask?"
Again he says "you look like someone I know, and I would like to invite you to my house and have some good time نقعد قعدة حلوة"
Here I said no thanks and continued.
I didn't know whether he wanted to get me in and drug me, or introduce me to his mistresses (which I thought more likely). Any thoughts?

1 Comments:

At Mon Sep 12, 12:40:00 AM GMT+3, Blogger Bassam said...

That might be true, because I am cute, وبتّاكل ب.... بتعرفو شو
Anyway, my dad said that there was a very intersting report on prostitution in Syria on Champress.net, I haven't read it but you guys can.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home