Monday, October 24, 2005

Fitness

Today I took the great step of subscribing to a fitness place to start tuning up my sloppy and shrinking muscles. It is a place near home, and I will start tomorrow.
I am not sure whether this will be a good step, not because working out is bad, but because my consistency and persistence in this matter is shameful.
My prior experience with this matter can be summarized in three things:
1- The first time I decided to work out, I and another friend: Ayham, agreed on going to Al-Faiha' (or was it Al-Jala'??) club and we used to go three days a week very early in the morning before classes at med school. We survived for a month and a fraction after which we gave up. Not because it was hard, but we probably lost energy and interest. I came across the club ID cards (for both me and him) just recently while I was cleaning some drawers (it is unbelievable what kind of junk we keep forever).
2- The next time I decided to bring the clun to me, and that was in USA, so I purchased a multifunction machine, it was great, just 6 months before I was supposed to move out to another state (and I knew about it). Anyway, I was doing good using that machine until my mom came and occupied the room there. That was like a good 2 months of working out. Eventually I sold it before I move.
3- Upon arrival to the new state, I made a yearly (can't do less) subscription to the local health club, a very nice one with indoor swimming pools. During the first two months I went to work out twice, in the third time my friend Hassan went with me and tutored me on setting a program for lifting and stuff. My arms were hurting after that for three weeks and I had to work like a cripple. I used the swimming pool three times. And that was it for the rest of the year. In summary money not very well spent. And
4- Now I begin this. I hope I don't give up on it.

4 Comments:

At Tue Oct 25, 01:34:00 AM GMT+2, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For similar reasons I promised myself I would never join another club that didn't let me pay by the month. Good luck. I hope you stick with it for your sake even though I have no intention of following in your footsteps.
Felicia

 
At Tue Oct 25, 05:52:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger GraY FoX said...

lol.. nice one.. believe me the only reason that will not let you give up is that there should be there nice ladies.. in that way you will be working your self off to prove that you are a man .... :D

 
At Tue Oct 25, 06:53:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Bassam said...

I can prove it somehow else.... :p
I have started today, Abs work out is killing me. And my time is the "family" one, meaning مختلط, and that is true because I saw someone who looked both male and female (اغفر لي يا الله).

 
At Tue Oct 25, 09:15:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger مترجم سوري said...

lool
male and female??
how is that?

u should write about it..

hey stick to it ya zelmeh...barkki inshallah we get jealous and do the same

 

Post a Comment

<< Home