Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Auto Registration

I was assigned to the task of registering my dad's car today. And if any thought that I will be doing that myself, they were wrong. There are innumerable load of people around the Transport Administration whose job is to do the paper work for others. And that is was I was going to do. They have their fees too, and from the way it looks, it is worth it (not to go through the hassle).
The first thing was when examining the car. I thought they would check the exhaust and such stuff, like brakes and so forth. They were only interested in the engine number, which was so greased it took a lot to clean it. And the car color; and here is the disaster. For one reason or another, the car color in the registration book is listed as silver. Those who know our car know that the color is greenish عفني تقريباً. And this goes back to the first time the car was registered and they said in transportation this is how we call this color (so said my dad later to me). I am not sure what they call real silver colored cars, maybe hazelnut خرنوبي يعني. Anyhow, this year they were not convinced that the color is sliver (I think they finally assigned someone who doesn’t have color blindness) it took some money to bribe the person so thing could go through.
I was wondering how they were processing the papers so fast. Oh… I haven’t talked about the "office". The guys I used, based on the advice of a friend who knows-it-all, had an office. And this office was the storage space of a minivan. It has some stamps (one of my favorite things I have to deal with here) and a briefcase, and scattered papers here and there. So as I was saying, it turns out that the guys father is an employee in the administration, and have been there for a long time because the photo on his ID looks like anything but him. Surely they know there way around. And every time he comes with some processed papers (not so long after he leaves) he would say, in a nagging way, "The queue is like form here to that wall = الدور من هون لعند الحيط". And of course he didn't have to wait in line.
Mind you, I was there for three hours, almost, and I am not sure whether that was fast or not. But I can assure you that if I was doing it myself then it would have taken me until Christmas… LOL

2 Comments:

At Wed Oct 19, 10:36:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Sinan said...

I hate this bribery thing but the problem is you can't possibly finish your business without it, it's so depressing.

 
At Fri Oct 21, 02:03:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger GraY FoX said...

well at least you didnt go through the procedure of buying a car :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home