Sunday, July 31, 2005

A Day Out

I spent most of the day today out, for a change. Given the fact I am here for a couple of years at least, I don't feel rushed to do anything.
In the morning we went to start the process of issuing a new driver license. This required getting a "non-convicted" form. It turns out I am not!!
I also decided to start cleaning out the bookshelves of all that is unnecessary. I did a great deal. Arabs are known, I guess, for liking to keep things way long than they would serve anything useful. Not because we like antiques, but it seems that we can't part with things we paid for and may have the least possible memorable connection to insignificant events. I threw out lots of books eventually, and more to come. Part of this energy comes from the fact that I did the same in Cleveland before arriving here. I got rid of enormous amount of stuff. Phil, Wael, Hassan and Muhannad know that very well.

One of the amazing things here is that lots of girls seem to be "inflating" their body parts. Good for plastic surgeons. Everyone I see seems to have some lip collagen injection at least (to be honest, it may be wrong, but you will never know).
A funny thing related to this is that the other day I was with my godfather, who is a plastic surgeon, and he got a call for an "emergency" lip collagen injection before a wedding next week. Is this how low we got? Emergency collagen injection?!! Lord, help me.

1 Comments:

At Sun Jul 31, 10:07:00 PM GMT+3, Blogger steven rix said...

Hi from Vegas USA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home