Monday, March 12, 2007

Further Reading

The internet is driving me crazy these days. I can't get a page without refreshing it a thousand times. I have to check most of my emails on my cellphone with is the most convenient and the quickest way to do it. I barely see any other blogs, I read the comments as they arrive to my email, and am having a hard time commenting on my website. It's all the fault of internet assholes in the Itisalat.
Any way, most recently I finished two books (rather eight if all were summed up together)
The first Statistical Evidence in Medical Trials: What Do the Data Really Tell Us? This is, I think, a must read for everyone who will come across medical trials, whether reading or designing them, in order to understand what those statisticians are talking about. The book is very smoothly written, loaded with examples, and funny. It comes in around 190 pages and can be finished in a good two days. It is written by Stephen D. Simon.
The other book (seven books) is The Chronicles of Narnia. It took me about 3 weeks or so to finish the whole seven adventures, but it was well worth it. I can't see myself in a position that allows me to criticize it, as there is much to write about, but I'll just say it has many meanings, mostly related to christianity. Once you start reading an adventure you'd want to finish it sooner than later. They are written for children but as an adult, some say am not yet, I liked them a lot.
In fact now I have read and watched both the Lord of the Rings, and Narnia. I am getting more fond of fantasy writings. I think my next reading project will be Harry Potter. In the meantime I would value any other input about excellent series of fantasy worlds.

4 Comments:

At Mon Mar 12, 09:45:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger GraY FoX said...

there's a movie for "Chronicles of Narnia", it's good , but reading the book is way much better
immagination in the book plays a master role, and it's killed in the movie
anyways
if growing up means enjoying life less, i will work finding something to shrink my soul :D

 
At Wed Mar 14, 01:05:00 AM GMT+2, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I put off reading Harry Potter for the longest given all the hype but it was worth it. I have the set (paperback for all but the last one published so far) with the newest one on order to deliver once available. Not as excited as the children but I am wondering how it ends up. Now I wonder if you will re-read like me. I have read LOTR at least 10-15 times. Something new each time.
Felicia

 
At Mon Apr 02, 04:17:00 PM GMT+3, Blogger GraY FoX said...

where are you dude :D
hope everything is fine with you

 
At Tue Apr 03, 12:32:00 PM GMT+3, Blogger Dr.Mad said...

Thanks for the recommendations, the stat book is a very good read indeed, by the way it is available online on Books.google.com, it is copyrighted so you can not downloaded it,but one can save 44$ by reading it from the screen ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home